With our ever-changing protocols in regards to the COVID-19 pandemic, we wanted to clarify how we plan to continue providing your pets with the essential healthcare they need. We will make sure our website is up-to-date on our new policies as things change. Right now, the following lists protocols we have in place to protect ourselves and our community:
- We are still seeing sick and wellness/vaccine appointments.
- Appointments can still be scheduled by calling us at 612-872-4674.
- All appointments are curbside only (see below for instructions).
- No clients are allowed in the building, with the exception of those needing to say goodbye to their beloved pet.
- Credit card payments over the phone are preferred to avoid added exposure. Please let us know if this isn’t possible for you, and we will accept cash or check.
- We are not able to perform elective surgeries, such as spays and neuters, due to the governor’s executive order.
- We are still scheduling essential dental procedures, as well as time-sensitive surgeries (such as lumpectomies).
- Our entire staff is wearing masks at all times.
- We are cleaning all high touch areas around the clinic several times per day, in addition to our regular cleaning schedule.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you aren’t sure about scheduling or how to proceed with a curbside appointment. We are happy to answer any questions you might have. For those that already have an appointment scheduled with us, please keep in mind the following curbside instructions:
- Upon arrival for your exam, remain in your vehicle and call the clinic to let us know you are here. The receptionist will get you checked in, and inform you that a technician will be calling you back shortly.
- A technician will call you once it’s time for your appointment. They will ask you a few questions about your pet’s health, and make sure we’re all on the same page about their visit. They will then confirm the type of vehicle you are in, and come out to gather your pet.
- Please remain in your vehicle when the technician approaches. They will have their own leash, so also make sure your dog’s leash is unhooked.
- Have your pet next to the rear passenger side door. Please allow the technician to retrieve your pet on their own. If they need assistance, they will ask.
- The technician will either pick up your cat in their carrier (please make sure they are in a carrier), or place a slip lead around your dog’s neck. The slip leads are disinfected between each pet.
- You will remain in your vehicle for the duration of your pet’s exam. Please do not leave the premises, as the appointment will not take very long.
- The doctor will call you after examining your pet to discuss their findings and treatment plan.
- Once a treatment plan has been agreed upon, you will be transferred to a receptionist for payment.
- Treatment will be completed, and your pet will be brought back out to you, along with any medication/food/preventatives needed. Please allow the technician to deliver your pet via the rear passenger side door again while remaining in your vehicle.
For those that need to pick up medication, food, or preventatives, please call to order and pay ahead of time. Then, when you arrive, give us a call to let us know you’re here for pick up. We’ll bring everything out to you, and place items on your rear passenger side seat.
This is a big change from how we normally like to do appointments. It’s okay to not know what to do when you arrive. We’re happy to answer questions, and make this as easy on you as possible. By following these guidelines, we are limiting exposure as much as possible while still being able to provide care for your pets. Our goal is to remain open during this entire pandemic. That only works if our staff remains safe and healthy. Thank you all so much for being so adaptable to these safety protocols. We really appreciate your kindness and understanding as we continue to navigate this difficult time.